ENHANCED SAFETY MEASURES
The IPSD will incorporate the social distancing guideline as a means of preventing potential infections of COVID-19.
● Nonessential furniture such as bookshelves, extra tables, etc. has been removed from elementary classrooms to allow for distancing students to the maximum extent possible.
● Static groups in elementary schools will remain throughout the day including meals in the classroom or socially distanced in the cafeteria and limiting the volunteers and visitors in the building.
● Students will be seated at the greatest distance possible.
● Specific practices will be customized by schools to include mapping traffic patterns, scheduling student and staff groupings, staggering transitions and entering/exiting,and designating distancing strategies at entrances and hallways, etc.
● Only essential visitors will be allowed on campus at the discretion of the school administrator.
Face coverings are another critical guideline to reduce the potential for COVID-19 spread.
● Face coverings will be required on bus transportation for all drivers and students in
● Masks are required for all unvaccinated and vaccinated adults and students age 5 and up when indoors.
● PreK students may wear face coverings inside the building, but it is not required.
● Masks/coverings must not contain wording, emblems and/or insignias that promote profanity, obscenity, political messages, drug/alcohol/tobacco use, or gang/hate-related slogans. Also, masks/coverings cannot contain images of faces. Bandanas and neck gaiters will not be allowed.
● Research reveals that neck gaiters do not provide adequate protection.
● Individuals with documented health conditions and unable to wear face masks must notify the principal immediately at the beginning of the school term or upon diagnosis by a licensed physician. Proof of such condition/diagnosis must be presented to the principal.
● The principal/administrator has the discretionary power to determine the appropriateness of face masks/coverings to ensure the safety of the school learning environment.
● While outdoors, all fully vaccinated and unvaccinated adults and students do not need to mask if they adhere to physical distancing requirements.
DISINFECTING AND CLEANING MEASURES
Disinfecting and cleaning measures will be conducted to ensure that the physical space, equipment, and frequently touched objects remain safe.
● Frequently touched objects such as door handles, fixtures, etc. will be disinfected twice per day.
● Restrooms will be monitored and cleaned frequently throughout the day.
● Classrooms will be disinfected twice during the day and thoroughly cleaned daily.
● Students are asked to bring water from home. However, water fountains will be open and frequently disinfected.
● Playground equipment will be adequately cleaned as needed. Social distance will be adhered to on the playground.
Hand washing/sanitizing is one of the most important ways to keep students and employees safe.
● Students should wash or sanitize hands upon entering the bus upon arrival at the school, before and after eating, before and after using outdoor play equipment, between class changes, and before exiting the school facility.
● Students may bring hand sanitizer from home with the appropriate alcohol content.
● Proper hand washing for 20 seconds with soap and water will be followed.